Today, January 29th, is my dad’s birthday. I truly love and appreciate him. Dad is not one to talk a lot. If he ever says anything, it is after he has had time to think about it. A lot of the things I have learned from him come by observation, not so much in the words he has spoken.
- Coupons can come in handy. We all laugh that we will sum up his life, “he did it and he did it with a coupon!”
- Already mentioned, but think before you speak. We don’t always have to have an opinion about something.
- Love your mate. The great love he has shown and continues to show is an example for all.
- Never quit being a student of God’s word! He continues to study and write.
- Use every opportunity to share God with others. I wrote last year about how he leaves a note with the waiter or waitress whenever they eat out.
- Pray always. The sweetest sound every night is to hear my mom and dad pray before they go to sleep.
There are more but, I think he can be summed up by 1st Thessalonians 3:11-12, “and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders…”
Brought me to tears my friend!
LikeLiked by 1 person